I'm available for consulting and project work. I can help your organisation with user/design research projects of any size. If you need to build a user research team from scratch or you need help operationalising research and scaling your team, I can help. If you need to refine an existing community of practice and join the dots between research activities happening already within your organisation, I can help there too.
Research Practitioner and Programme Manager
- As an experienced research practitioner, I manage projects and programmes of varying sizes.
- I specialise in exploratory and strategic research.
- I frequently get stuck into tactical research and sifting through operational data.
User Research Leader
- As a freelance consultant, I help design and product teams establish and refine their Design/User Research community of practice.
- I have been managing people and teams for many years and more recently I have been mentoring and coaching researchers both informally and formally.
- I have helped to establish research community of practices both for clients and as a client side researcher.
Writer, Speaker, Doer
- I write and speak about research in industry publications and at UX conferences and events.
- I also facilitate community workshops and events.
- I have been a leader in the UX community for over 10 years.
- For 5 years, I ran a UX publishing business called Five Simple Steps.
- More recently I have become an admin, organiser and spokesperson for the burgeoning Research Ops community.
Contact me if you want me to:
- help with your research project
- help you establish or refine your user research community of practice.
- write for you, speak at your conference or facilitate your event.